It is the riders own responsibility to be self sufficient on this ride. However, there will be water, snack and toilet stops at designated points and a sad wagon to pick up riders with mechanical or other problems. All riders are to come to the aid of any rider who has been injured or is in difficulty. Dial 000 if there is a serious accident.
It is recommended that the following equipment be taken on this ride:
- Mobile phone with fully charged battery.
- One spare inner tube.
- Pump and tyre levers.
- Tyre repair kit.
- Minimum of two 750ml Water bottles.
- Some food such as a bananas, lollies, power bar etc. although free snacks will be available at designated stops.
We will have trained first aid officers covering the event. There will be first aid at the two water stops and a roving first aider in one of the cars. All marshals will have mobile phone contact with First Aid.
All NSW road rules are to be adhered to. The following are most important:
- Follow the instruction of any event organiser or ride official.
- Obey traffic signs.
- Use hand signal when stopping or to warn of any traffic hazards to any riders following behind.
- Keep left unless overtaking.
- Ride safely and considerately of other cyclists and road users.
The ride will go ahead rain, hail or shine. However, if conditions arise where event organisers deem it would be unsafe to host the event then we will advise cancellation on our website. We will also endeavour to contact participants by email.